2020 Summer Intern – Analytics
Details of the Analytics and Technology Summer Internship (Boca Raton office)
- The program is open only to rising seniors from a top tier college or university (graduating in spring 2021), or who are enrolled in a Graduate School program in Computer Science or related discipline from a top tier university (graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021)
- This is a summer internship with the firm’s Analytics and Technology team
- The internship will run for 9 weeks (June through August 2020), and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- The summer intern will gain hands-on exposure to our asset management business. Summer interns will participate in leadership and skill-based training, speaker series, and firmwide events alongside full-time employees and fellow summer interns.
- Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time roles post-graduation.
- Acquire and analyze data for use in equity research projects
- Back test market and other statistical factors to support client or prospect requests and other analyses
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques, develop and enhance reports for both internal management and clients
- Develop and promote new applications and/or capabilities for systems and tools to advance & support research process
- Support our teams on special projects and initiatives that impact client experience, client retention, business strategy etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university in progress (graduating in 2021) or a graduate School program in Computer Science or related discipline from a top tier university (graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Concepts and Object-Oriented programming
- Experience developing SQL objects required
- SQL server security knowledge/experience preferred
- High standards of personal integrity and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Passion for technology and investment management industry
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- U.S. Work Authorization (Required)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
Kindly submit a word document with the responses to the following questions, along with your resume, by Friday, October 25th to email@example.com and reference the job title in your email.
Here are the questions:
- What about this opportunity at Polen Capital appeals to you? (No more than 150 words)
- Why are you interested in a potential career in Analytics? (No more than 150 words)
- What do you consider to be the most interesting technology being applied to data & analytics today, and why? (No more than 100 words)
- What is your favorite class thus far in your undergraduate studies and what have you learned that you believe you can apply to this internship? (No more than 150 words)