2020 Summer Intern – Business Management (Finance/HR/Legal & Compliance))
Details of the Business Management Summer Internship (Boca Raton office)
- The program is open only to rising seniors from a top tier college or university (graduating in 2021.)
- This is a summer internship with the firm’s Business Management team, which includes Finance, Human Resources and Legal & Compliance. Candidates can indicate area of preference when they apply.
- The internship will run for 9 weeks (June through August 2020), and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- The summer intern will gain hands-on exposure to our asset management business. Summer interns will participate in leadership and skill-based training, speaker series, and firmwide events alongside full-time employees and fellow summer interns.
- Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time roles post-graduation.
- Finance: Develop financial analytics for executive management; enhance finance and treasury activities
- Human Resources: Work on key talent management initiatives for executive management; support firmwide talent acquisition efforts
- Legal & Compliance: Assist with compliance testing, SEC filings, and regulatory research; help maintain and enhance firmwide internal processes and procedures
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university in progress (graduating in 2021)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- High standards of personal integrity and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly apply new technologies and be proactive about learning
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (Required)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
Kindly submit a word document with the responses to the following questions, along with your resume, by Friday, October 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in your email.
Here are the questions:
- What about this opportunity at Polen Capital appeals to you? (No more than 150 words)
- Why are you interested in a potential career in Finance, Human Resources, and/or Legal & Compliance? (No more than 150 words)
- What is something unique to you that is not on your resume? (No more than 100 words)
- What is your favorite class thus far in your undergraduate studies and what have you learned that you believe you can apply to this internship? (No more than 150 words)