Director, Advisor Relations
Boca Raton, FL; Boston, MA; other U.S. major metropolitan areas will be considered
The Director-Advisor Relations is a senior member of the Distribution Team. The successful candidate will have an advanced level of intermediary sales and relationship management expertise and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. The role will involve working with strategic prospects, clients, consultants and partners to understand their investment needs and identify potential solutions. The role is responsible for strategy development and includes management responsibilities for the Advisor Relations and National Accounts teams. Knowledge of a variety of intermediary client types is necessary, including: wirehouse, Registered Investment Advisors, family office and platform clearing firms.
The core responsibility of this position is to advance the business development efforts of the firm, with the goal of expanding and retaining the client base while providing a best-in-class service experience. Managing platform competitiveness, product access, program placements and advisor utilization are key success factors in the role.
- Directly responsible for client expansion and retention in the advisor channel, including accountability for strategic and complex relationships. Proactively identify appropriate prospects and cultivate relationships.
- Effectively articulate the Firm’s value proposition in the marketplace through meetings, presentations, product campaigns, road shows and conferences.
- Utilize deep channel and market knowledge to develop and execute business plans.
- Execute the business plan throughout the year. Track metrics such as sales/flows, pipeline progression, exposure for investment strategies, placement on platforms and activities against targets. Analyze and report on relevant metrics, making the appropriate adjustments to strategy and tactics to meet goals. Hold the team accountable for achieving targets.
- Analyze relevant data on flows and product utilization to create actionable insights for driving business activity in high potential programs and intermediary offices.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Polen Capital investment strategies and available vehicles, and their application in client portfolios.
- Collaborate with the target audience to gather information on needs and opportunities. Share market insights within the firm and provide actionable recommendations.
- Communicate effectively within the firm regarding business initiatives and territory opportunities, including documentation of activities and opportunity milestones.
- Represent the Firm with integrity and model Firm values and professional standards. Act and be recognized as a leader in the firm.
- Coaches, trains and mentors team members. The role includes supervisory responsibilities. Must motivate others and create a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Lead special projects and assignments as requested. Develop and execute solutions to business issues that impact the Firm and its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a business field (preferred) or in excess of ten years professional experience in asset management or financial services. Advanced designation (CFA, CAIA, etc.) preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of developing relationships with significant intermediaries and managing key accounts (such as UBS, Morgan Stanley, etc.).
- High client service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with exceptional people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals.
- Must be well organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to seamlessly shift between strategic and tactical areas of focus.
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning and improvement.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to become licensed within 3 months of firm employment.
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- Boca Raton, FL; Boston, MA; other U.S. major metropolitan areas will be considered
- Full-time Employee
- Travel required, approximately 25-50% of time as needed
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All candidates must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident.