Research Analyst - Small Company Growth
Details of the Research Analyst Role (Boston office)
- The program is open only to Class of 2019 MBA students from a top tier business school.
- The Research Analyst will be part of the firm’s Small Company Growth investment research group based in Boston, Massachusetts, which is responsible for conducting in depth global research on companies that qualify for the portfolios.
- The team manages concentrated equity portfolios focused exclusively on owning high quality growth companies characterized by strong and sustainable revenue and cash flow growth, robust margins and cash flow returns, and other markers of operational efficiency.
- Located in Boston, this Analyst will conduct research on public companies across the globe working in collaboration with a passionate team of seasoned investment professionals that place heavy emphasis on having a disciplined and repeatable investment process.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for investing in equity markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working in a collaborative, team- based environment where being challenged and challenging others to make the best possible decisions is required
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to think independently and openly with an intrinsic motivation to learn and grow
- MBA student from a top tier business school (graduating in 2019)
- Minimum 3.3 GPA (or equivalent)
- Strong modeling skills
- High standards of personal integrity and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly apply new technologies and be proactive about learning
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (Required)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
Kindly submit a word document with the responses to the following questions, along with your resume, by Thursday, January 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title in your email.
- What about this opportunity at Polen Capital appeals to you? (No more than 150 words)
- Why are you interested in a potential career in investing? (No more than 150 words)
- What in your estimation are the characteristics of a great business? Can you give us an example and concise detail about why it is a great business in your view? (No more than 150 words)
- Can you share an investing experience where your views quickly shifted direction? What happened and what did you do about it? (No more than 150 words)
- Give an example of an investment you either made or found interesting and the steps you took to better understand the business, industry, and investment merits? (No more than 250 words)
- Give an example of a failure you have encountered in business and describe how you learned from that experience. (No more than 150 words)