Details of the Analytics Summer Internship (Boca Raton, FL)
- The program is open only to rising seniors from a top tier college or university (graduating in spring 2021), or who are enrolled in a Graduate School program in Computer Science or related discipline from a top tier university (graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021)
- This is a summer internship with the firm’s Analytics and Technology team
- The internship will run for 9 weeks (June through August 2020), and the successful intern must be able and willing to commit to the full length of the program.
- The summer intern will gain hands-on exposure to our asset management business. Summer interns will participate in leadership and skill-based training, speaker series, and firm-wide events alongside full-time employees and fellow summer interns.
- Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time roles post-graduation.
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary role of the Analytics Summer Intern is to support the Analytics & Technology team with their goals and initiatives. Responsibilities include the following:
- Acquire and analyze data for use in equity research projects
- Back test market and other statistical factors to support client or prospect requests and other analyses
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques, develop and enhance reports for both internal management and clients
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university in progress (graduating in 2021) or a graduate School program in Computer Science or related discipline from a top tier university (graduating in December 2020 or spring 2021)
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Concepts and Object-Oriented programming
- Experience developing SQL objects required
- SQL server security knowledge/experience preferred
- High standards of personal integrity and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Passion for technology and investment management industry
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- U.S. Work Authorization (Required)
- Boca Raton, Florida
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
Instructions for Submitting Applications
Kindly submit a word document with the responses to the following questions, along with your resume, by Friday, February 21st to email@example.com and reference the job title in your email.
1. What about this opportunity at Polen Capital appeals to you? (No more than 150 words)
2. Why are you interested in a potential career in Analytics? (No more than 150 words)
3. What do you consider to be the most interesting technology being applied to data & analytics today, and why? (No more than 100 words)
4. What is your favorite class thus far in your undergraduate studies and what have you learned that you believe you can apply to this internship? (No more than 150 words)