The Chief Marketing Officer is a key executive leader responsible for the planning, development, and execution of the business marketing strategy for Polen. This position leads the team in providing enterprise support for key functions such as Brand, Communications and Media-relations, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and Investment Writing. The CMO leads the development of the go-to-market strategic plans that align with the overall business strategy and supports sales objectives. This leader is responsible for increasing Polen’s customer base by creating and implementing unique client experiences, leading efforts around thought leadership, and building a marketing organization that can scale to a high-growth environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic marketing programs that enhance client relationships and drive business objectives
- Craft and implement marketing and communications strategies, PR/media relations, branding, and digital/social media campaigns that deliver value for the Firm and its clients
- Leverage and integrate technology, digital, research, and data analytics to drive client engagement and new business.
- Inspire, motivate, and lead a results-driven, collaborative Marketing team across multiple geographies
- Partner with Analytics, Distribution, and Investment teams on new product launches, global expansion, and corporate development
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and guidance to department leaders in executing the company’s strategic and tactical plan across Marketing as well as the broader distribution team, as appropriate
- Serves as a representative of the company in industry groups and influences external stakeholders on key issues impacting Polen’s business strategies and business transformation initiatives. Works collaboratively with executive leadership across the company to develop and execute key strategies to ensure Polen’s strategic goals are met or exceeded
- Ensures marketing initiatives are aligned with the strategy of the organization
- Defines and manages the overall budget for the marketing function
- Recognizes emerging issues and develops strategies to mitigate future risks and capitalize on future opportunities
- Directs staff and is accountable for personnel actions including hiring, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations
- Ensures Marketing materials adhere to SEC, FINRA, state, and federal regulatory guidelines
- Identifies and develops potential successors for key positions in Marketing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A proven credible and creative leader with the ability to effectively guide, influence, and impact the growth and direction of the overall enterprise
- Must have a strong presence, confidence, and ability to gain immediate credibility as a capable business leader
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Able to analyze business situations, synthesize detailed information, identify key issues and drivers, make balanced decisions, and execute solutions
- Assertive and execution-oriented with the ability to manage effectively through ambiguity
- Expert verbal and written communication skills with the ability to impact and successfully negotiate and persuade others
- Results-oriented with the ability to deliver within a fast-paced, execution-oriented environment
- Ability to create a cohesive team environment and define a team structure that maximizes capacity and clearly identifies expectations
- Experience overseeing the development, management, and review of digital campaigns. Knowledge of Marketo is a plus.
- Full-time Employee
- Location: Boca Raton, FL or Boston, MA
- Less than 10% travel required
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization required
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment,) offers competitive health benefits, paid parental leave, and annual individual training budgets
Instructions for Submitting Applications
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members who work in our offices in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition, sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination, or otherwise qualify for any other valid exemption under applicable state law. Applicants who will be working in our US offices will be asked to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or written statement detailing said exemption.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected].