The Relationship Manager – Central Territory is a member of the Advisor Relations Distribution Team. The successful candidate will have an advanced level of sales and relationship management expertise and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. The role will involve working with Financial Advisors, RIA’s, and Family Offices to understand their investment needs and identify potential solutions. Knowledge of mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and model delivery vehicles is key to the role.
Roles & Responsibilities
The core responsibility of this position is to advance the business development efforts of the firm, with the goal of expanding and retaining the client base while providing a best-in-class service experience.
- Directly responsible for client expansion within assigned territory, including accountability for Financial Advisor, RIA and Family Office relationships
- Understand priorities, process and views of Financial Advisors and deliver Polen Capital investment solutions that best align with client needs
- Proactively identify appropriate prospects and cultivate relationships
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Polen Capital investment strategies and their application in client portfolios
- Effectively articulate the Firm’s value proposition in the marketplace through meetings, presentations, product campaigns, road shows and conferences
- Collaborate with the target audience to gather information on needs and opportunities. Share market insights within the firm and provide actionable recommendations
- Communicate effectively within the firm regarding business initiatives and territory opportunities, including documentation of activities and opportunity milestones
- Represent the Firm with integrity and model Firm values and professional standards; act and be recognized as a leader in the firm
- Contribute to special projects and assignments as requested
- Recommend and develop solutions to business issues that impact the Firm and its clients
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a business field (preferred)
- 5-7 years professional experience in asset management or financial services
- Advanced designation (CFA, CAIA, etc.) preferred
- High client service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with exceptional people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals
- Well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; able to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work independently and solve problems; attention to detail is essential
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning and improvement
- Interest and ability to contribute beyond the assigned role and territory, including training and mentoring team members
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to become licensed within 3 months of firm employment
- Full-time Employee
- Midwest, U.S.
- Travel required: >50%
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment), offers competitive health benefits, annual individual training budgets, and 12-week paid parental leave
Instructions for Submitting Applications
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.