The Senior Financial Associate is a member of the Finance team in our Business Management division. The successful candidate will have experience in fund accounting and is a CPA (active or inactive). The role will involve managing day-to-day accounting including fund expenses, AR, AP, payroll management, complex compensation, and 401 (k) plans, and treasury/cash management.
The core responsibility of this position is to work hand in hand with the Controller and other members of the Finance team, with the goal of increasing automation and managing the accounting environment for an increasingly complex asset management firm.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting of our firmwide revenues and expenses including client management fees, fund expenses, and corporate expenses including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, Revenue Recognition, GAAP accounting, and reporting requirements within a multi-entity structure.
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes and reporting, including forecasting and cash flow projections
- Ensure accuracy and quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop up to date division, entity, and firm-level budget versus actual reporting
- Interact with our Operations and Distribution teams to ensure all activity are properly accounted for within each strategy’s vehicle and for the proper period
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by custodians and fund managers
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting (preferred) with a minimum of 6 years of fund/portfolio accounting experience (Mutual Fund and UCITS)
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- CPA designation (required) (active or inactive)
- Big 4 experience with Financial Services clients (3+ years preferred)
- Experience with developing and managing division-level budget process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with exceptional people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals
- Must be well organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to prioritize effectively
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning, and improvement
- Full-time Employee
- Boca Raton, FL
- <5% travel expected
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment), offers competitive health benefits, annual individual training budgets, and 12-week paid parental leave
Instructions for Submitting Applications
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members who work in our offices in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition, sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination, or otherwise qualify for any other valid exemption under applicable state law. Applicants who will be working in our US offices will be asked to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or written statement detailing said exemption.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected].