Polen Capital is seeking a Trader based in our Boca Raton, Florida office to focus initially on global equity markets and various asset class securities, including foreign equities and ADRs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Operations and Senior Traders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist with trade execution for all Polen strategies including US and foreign equities, ADRs and GDRs
- Execute retail/wrap account trades for US Small Company and SMID strategies
- Account specific trading for accounts in separately managed account (SMA) programs, multiple manager portfolios, unified managed account (UMA) structures, directed brokerage, and DVP accounts
- Instruct and provide oversight to outsourced trading desks while working through trade rotations
- Act as liaison between trading desk and Charles River for all system improvements, upgrades, and broker set-ups
- Recommend and support implementation and documentation of process changes in the trading area to increase efficiency and minimize general risk & trading errors
- Maintain trading records including those documenting general trade activity, trading rotations, process exceptions, and resolution of errors
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams on data related responsibilities
- Collaborate with Operations on daily cash flows, trade operations, and settlements
- Work on special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree and/or other professional designation a plus
- Minimum of 1 year of trading or trade-related experience in the financial services industry
- Solid grasp of global market structure; Fixed Income and FX trading experience a plus
- Experience using multiple trade order and portfolio management & administration systems such as Charles River, Vestmark, or APL
- Advanced abilities with Excel, Smartsheet, and standard market data platforms like Bloomberg
- Excellent communication skills; team-oriented mindset; high service orientation; strong logical reasoning and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and self-motivate; detailed-oriented
- Full-time Employee
- Boca Raton, FL
- Less than 10% travel required
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- COVID 19 vaccine required
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment), offers competitive health benefits, annual individual training budgets, and 12-week paid parental leave
Instructions for Submitting Applications
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of completing a full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected].