- The Polen U.S. SMID Company Growth strategy launched April 1, 2020, and is supported by the same team that oversees our U.S Small Company Growth strategy.
- The investment philosophy of the U.S. SMID Company Growth strategy is consistent with all Polen strategies. We seek to construct a concentrated portfolio of high-quality small-and mid-sized companies with repeatable and sustainable growth prospects and own them for the long term.
- The U.S. SMID Company Growth Composite Portfolio (the “Portfolio”) had a positive inception quarter, up 51.55% on an absolute basis gross of fees.
- The Portfolio outperformed the Russell 2500 Growth Index (the “Index”) return of 32.87% by nearly 1900 basis points on a relative basis for the quarter.
- The Portfolio’s relative results in the second quarter adhere to what we would expect to see in a growth-driven recovery market. We also believe our strategy is positioned to protect capital in tougher market conditions.
- We are thrilled to extend our investment capabilities to include mid-cap companies and to offer a solution to clients seeking many of the positive attributes of small companies, including the potential for faster growth and higher returns, while blending in larger companies that may help to lower volatility.
Read the full commentary here →