The investment landscape today is vastly different from that of the last decade. At Polen Capital, we believe that the new decade will bring forward different risks and challenges for investors. Yet, powerful trends present investors with a new wave of secular growth opportunities. Understanding what could be tomorrow’s biggest transformational themes will be crucial to navigating the new environment successfully.
- Major investment trends that have been brought forward
- Secular growth opportunities across different markets
- How to potentially capitalize on disruption, innovation, and change
- Why not all growth opportunities are created equal
- Harnessing the power of transformation in investment portfolios
- Opening remarks & introduction (0:03)
- Managing domestic vs. global equities – thoughts on differences, client opportunities & potential challenges (1:33)
- What does a “global” approach to small- & mid-cap investing bring to our Polen portfolios? (3:49)
- Changes to the investment landscape, accelerations in themes & structural impacts we see from the global pandemic (6:17)
- How do global events like war & inflation that create short-term volatility influence Polen’s long-term thinking? (10:11)
- What we see as the most compelling investment opportunities right now & also in the next 5-10 years (14:04)
- Polen’s ability to identify disruptors based on our investment philosophy, research process & team dynamic (19:48)
- Is it more difficult in the current environment to find what we believe is long-term, sustainable global growth? (23:04)
- Interesting trends we’re researching that may lead to what we think are compelling investment opportunities (25:18)
- How Polen factors in pressure from interest rates, inflation & currency movements for companies operating globally (30:10)
- What do we see as the biggest potential risk to the Global Growth & Global SMID Company Growth portfolios now? (33:57)
- Our thoughts on valuations (pricing opportunities or selling pressure) inside & outside of the U.S. (40:27)
- How does this environment compare to other volatility events Polen’s managed & invested through? (43:06)
- Closing remarks & final thoughts (43:53)
We’re much more focused on a business’ long-term ability to deliver, versus what the share price did in a short period of time.
—Damon Ficklin, Head of team & Portfolio Manager
This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Opinions and views expressed constitute the judgment of Polen Capital as of June 2022 may involve a number of assumptions and estimates which are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice or update. Although the information and any opinions or views given have been obtained from or based on sources believed to be reliable, no warranty or representation is made as to their correctness, completeness, or accuracy. Opinions, estimates, forecasts, and statements of financial market trends that are based on current market conditions constitute our judgment and are subject to change without notice, including any forward-looking estimates or statements which are based on certain expectations and assumptions. The views and strategies described may not be suitable for all clients. This material does not identify all the risks (direct or indirect) or other considerations which might be material to you when entering any financial transaction.