We believe that a total stakeholder mindset drives behaviors that can sustain long-term compounding
We aim to invest in businesses that we believe are positioned to deliver unique value to stakeholders today, and in the future. In our analysis, we focus on business issues we believe to be material to long-term stakeholder interests. We view financial metrics and factors classified as environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) as intertwined, and essential for a comprehensive understanding of the business and its financial strength.
At Polen Capital, we believe businesses that thoughtfully balance the interests of key stakeholders while uniquely delivering the value they seek are positioned to deliver sustainable outcomes.
We integrate material ESG issues into our comprehensive bottom-up, fundamental research and assessment of risks and opportunities, taking a long-term view consistent with our philosophy.
We focus on a company’s value proposition and competitive advantages and objectively assess the value of the company through key stakeholders’ eyes.
We evaluate the initiatives the company is undertaking to amplify value or mitigate risk to strengthen its brand, competitive advantage, and value creation for its key stakeholders over time.
We focus on doing the right thing for our clients, colleagues, community, and the environment. We expect the same from the companies in which we invest.
Assessing material ESG factors is part of our bottom-up, fundamental research process for evaluating a company’s competitive advantage, business model sustainability, risks, and opportunities.
ESG Investment Factors Polen May Consider
- Climate change initiatives
- Energy and water efficiency
- Packaging improvements
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain employees
- Product or service value to customers
- Supplier and partner support
- Quality of management
- Board effectiveness
- Executive compensation
Guided by a firm conviction to help advance the investment industry’s role in creating a sustainable, global financial system, Polen supports the following industry associations:
Our commitment to ESG principles goes beyond investments. They also guide our organizational and operational philosophy.
Our dedication to our people and our community is steadfast and growing. Learn more about our ESG and sustainability progress.
Number of Employees
Operating Committee Diversity
“Best Places to Work in Money Management” — P&I
Wishes granted through the Make-A-Wish Golf Tournament
See the report →
Data as of 3/31/2022
Adhering to high standards in ESG is not only the right thing to do as a firm, we believe it’s essential to creating and sustainably maintaining our competitive advantage as an asset manager.
Firm-level Dedication to ESG
- Boca Raton and Boston offices in LEED-certified buildings
- Electronic document workflow processes minimize paper use
- Track and offset our carbon emissions
- Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) provides a flexible work environment and contributes to work/life balance
- Annual training budgets to encourage personal and professional development
- Partnerships to promote diversity and inclusion in recruitment
- Corporate sponsorship, volunteerism, and employee charitable gift matching program to strengthen our community
- Employee-owned; employee goals and incentives aligned with our clients’ success
- Experienced and diverse leadership committees
- Robust internal Risk and Compliance Committee and processes
The information provided is for informational purposes only. Opinions and views expressed constitute the judgment of Polen Capital as of the date of this post, may involve a number of assumptions and estimates which are not guaranteed, and are subject to change without notice. This document does not identify all the risks (direct or indirect) or other considerations which might be material when entering any financial transaction.
Watch Dan Davidowitz, Portfolio Manager & Analyst at Polen Capital, in conversation with Julie Sweet, Chair & CEO of Accenture
We invest in U.S., global and international companies with exceptional earnings growth, driven by a sustainable competitive advantage, superior financial strength, proven management teams and powerful products or services.
Our centralized compliance, trading, distribution, marketing and technology teams all work together to support our investment process and the investors we serve.